Tuesday, October 5, 2010

mermaiden



pretending to be mermaids, in the bathroom, during summer.


I think i began this drawing about this time last year, and it was actually going to be about the lisbon sisters.
Well, my mermaid obsession kind of took over and now six months later i was able to finish it off. it's a weight off my shoulders to be finishing these half done paintings. I've only got a couple to go now.
I simply cannot just leave all of these girls to linger in my sketchbooks for life. They have to come out and say hello.

16 comments:

  1. Caitlin I REALLY love this! So sweet, flirty, summery, nostalgic, cute, friendly, happy.....

    what a perfect little pretty imagination, oh, and I LOVE the water, you got it spot on... mmmm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yes! The Lisbon sisters would make perfect mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the thighs in the bathtub and the crucifix in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe this makes me think of the movie mermaids starring cher and wynona rider.


    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one, it has really nice details. And of course, I love mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks girls!

    michelle elaine - mermaids is my favourite movie of all time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - this reminds me of hot Brisbane summers and trying to find unique ways of cooling off without a pool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! ♥

    I was at a costume making party this weekend and my new friend Areli was painting her newly made shells (affixed to a stick on bra)...almost exact - just lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so naif!
    so cute, amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bathroompaintings! You make everything so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favorites!!

    Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope I get as good as you are with art one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to know what you think.